Frequently Asked Questions
There is no difference in quality whether you rent or buy fishing equipment, so you can’t go wrong either way. Although, we do believe that there are definitely a few solid reasons that people would benefit from renting fishing gear instead of buying it. For instance, perhaps you are traveling to South Florida without fishing gear but would still like to try fishing our waters without having to purchase cheap rods and reels. Or for the avid local anglers with boats who want to try a few new fishing techniques without the big investment. Maybe you are an expert or tournament angler who needs a few extra combos or electrics to compete with the pro teams. Whatever the reason may be, we want you to trust in us to supply you with quality gear to get you that trophy catch without spending thousands of dollars.
- EXPLORE our rentals list and decide what you need based on your target species or fishing location in South Florida.
- RESERVE your gear on our website. There is a $149 minimum order required for delivery, along with 24-hours advanced notice. Simply, add the chosen gear to your cart, choose rental dates, and check-out. Fill in your desired meeting location for delivery.
- MEET with one of our team members at the confirmed location so we can hand-deliver your outfits for a more personalized fishing experience. Enjoy your rental and have fun fishing!
- RETURN your rentals to one of our team members to the confirmed location and you're all set! We'd love for you to share your photos and tell us your fish story, so please don't forget to tag us on instagram.
Reel Play carries only the best offshore setups for some of the best fighting fish our Atlantic waters have to offer. We select all of the rod/reel combos that we carry to ensure that our customers have what they need when they are fishing. We put a great deal of thought into which of our rods and reels will work best together to ensure victory to our saltwater anglers. All rod and reel combos are in excellent condition and are hand-cleaned and sanitized to ensure you have the best experience possible. From inshore to offshore you'll find a combo for it here from the finest manufacturers like Lindgren-Pitman, Shimano, Daiwa, Hooker Electric, Avet, on custom rods. Our combos also come pre-spooled with high grade Sufix Monofilament or Diamond Braid to keep you tight on that fish!
We understand plans change for a variety of reasons and of course weather can alter your trip. We ask that you cancel (24) Hours in advance of your intended rental day for a full refund. Cancellations within (24) hours of your rental start date cannot be refunded but instead will be honored with a 100% credit of any amount paid, toward a future rental with us.
- American Express
Your credit card will be charged in full upon completing your online order.
We offer delivery and return to the agreed meeting location:
- We require $100 minimum order for delivery. If you are in Lighthouse Point, we will meet at any location for .
- Should re-delivery be required for any reason pertaining to the clients responsibilities, we reserve the right to charge a missed delivery charge of $25.
You, as the renter, are completely responsible for our gear from the time you receive till the time we pick-up. As such, we ask that you treat your rental gear as if you owned it. Lost or Stolen equipment will incur replacement costs equal to the wholesale value of the equipment lost or stolen. Read the full rental policy [here]
Gear must be dropped off at the specified date, time and location selected when booking. Any customer who does not return gear within the appropriate timeframe may be charged an additional daily rental charge based on the combo you selected. If gear is not returned within (1) calendar day beyond the return date, your credit card will be charged the full retail price of the gear + taxes in addition to the rental cost of the gear.
Yes, all Florida residents and visitors are required to possess a Florida freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license when engaged in fishing activities, both on the beach, pier or private vessel.
Please follow the steps below to secure your license as we will need a copy of your valid fishing license prior to taking possession of our equipment.
Licenses and permits are available:
At Reel Play Fishing Rentals, we hand deliver our fishing gear to you at the location of your choice for a more personalized fishing experience. We deliver to all public and private marinas (east of Federal Highway/US-1) along the coast from Miami to West Palm Beach. We require $100 minimum order for delivery. If you are in Lighthouse Point, we will meet at any location .
Not sure where to meet? We have designated spots that we suggest for deliveries and returns at the local marinas and boat ramps listed below: